@ barbiosheepgirl: I wonder if there are any palindromes involved here below.
Recently, I became interested in the “other” two OT references to 666 in the Bible (two for each: 1 Kings 10:14 and 2 Chronicles 9:13 and Ezra 2:13 and Nehemiah 7:18) – Solomons annual gold levy (666 talents of gold) and Adonikam’s “children” (his “retainers” numbering 666/667 (one extra in Neh??). I believe that there must be a relationship between these 666 numbers and the infamous 666 found in the NT (Revelation 13:18). Here are the relationships that I see so far. There is obvious juxtaposition of “three temples with three 666 references” that cannot just be coincidence (in my mind). Here are some relationships that seem to be involved:
1) All “directly or indirectly” involve the “builder or building” of all three Jewish temples (Solomon built the 1st temple, Adonikam’s children the 2nd temple, and someone??? Who will “facilitate” the 3rd temple construction). 2) Solomon’s gold levy (666) makes him extremely rich in his kingdom and he is therefore able to build it. 3) Solomon enlists the help of one “Adoniram” for the building of the 1st temple. This “Adoniram” is somehow related to the King of Tyre detailed in the Bible and will remain in charge over Solomon’s gold levy and the workforce involved. 4) This same “Adoniram” is somehow important in the mythos of Freemasonry as “Hiram Abiff” (here my understanding and interest fades).
5) Adonikam’s children (666 Ezra) are among the groups numbered as returning to Jerusalem from Babylon and so build the 2nd temple (however, 667 are numbered in Nehemiah – meaningful??). I only must note here the strange similarity between the names Adoniram/Adonikam. I feel certain that if “Hebraic study and thinking” were involved, they would be all over this fact. I snicker here - I see (A don) in both names. I really can’t get into “gematria” and all that involves, but the Hebrew spelling similarities are striking to me. I somehow feel that this linking of Adoniram/Adonikam is also not just coincidence. 6) I also feel that each of the Hebrew meanings for both of these names are somehow important and (maybe?) somehow related to “before and after” the abomination event. Here are two helpful external links. www.abarim-publications.com/Meaning/Adonikam.html : www.abarim-publications.com/Meaning/Adoniram.html
...So, with that 666 study info. being presented, my main questions (mostly conjectural) have become:
1) There is not only the slight difference between the names Adonakam/Adoniram, but there are also slight differences in each double rendition of Solomon's annual gold levy (666) and the double rendition of the Children of Adonikam (666 vs. 667). Are any of these seemingly small differences actually important or meaningful???
2) Is it possible that the returning 666/667 "children of Adonikam" actually be "the descendants of Adoniram" I realize this is purely speculative reasoning, but it is certainly not uncommon for a "small name change" to occur somewhere in the course of 500 years of history.
3) Is it really such a "far fetch" to think that these might be real clues as to the actual identity of the AC??? (and so, it is NOT "Harry" = 666 using some form of gematria cypher or some "other name theory" scraped together out of obscurity). It also would seem to provide reasonable "causation" for "him" to be associated with any upcoming 3rd temple in the first place.
Post by barbiosheepgirl on Oct 20, 2019 18:17:59 GMT -6
I will have to take your verses in the first post as a reading assignment. I have not actually recalling much by memory any of these scripture references sticking out for me even with the 666/667 reference. Those numbers typically ring a bell for me when reading scripture, so I must say, I have to look at your scripture references.
when you say "other" 666 references, are you saying the main one is the Revelation account?
also, this 3) Is it really such a "far fetch" to think that these might be real clues as to the actual identity of the AC??? (and so, it is NOT "Harry" = 666 using some form of gematria cypher or some "other name theory" scraped together out of obscurity). It also would seem to provide reasonable "causation" for "him" to be associated with any upcoming 3rd temple in the first place.
I get kinda what you are saying here. especially that it may have nothing to do with gematria counting of a single person's name or such, but more along the line of something pre-shown in the OT..like you just are referencing for scripture locations.
For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ, 1 Thes 5:9 KJV
Yes, I think the Revelation 666 account is pretty much fixed in everyone's mind as the primary 666 reference. The other 666 references are much more obscure, but they do have "things" in common nevertheless.
Like I pointed out in the first post, Hebraic thought/research is centered around cycles of repeating history/example. I believe (any Hebraic scholars) would therefore be studying these two OT 666 accounts/references for the "actual/appropriate meaning. They would be VERY focused on them.
It keeps sticking in my mind that using this "Hebraic study of pattern" would be referring back to "adoniram/adonikam" somehow. I clearly think there is a link here to the "builder/building" of the temples and the involvement/identity of the "666 man" in each of them. No, I do NOT think that the actual future "666 name" is Adoniram or Adonikam, but if you look at the Hebrew meaning for these names - the meanings are very interesting and suggestive. The two links (with pull-down sections) are very interesting - they also provide the Hebrew spelling for each name - Have a good study.
Thanks for looking into this in your Bible study. Let me know what you may see in this. MTG
Michael2: The Babylonians sacked Jerusalem only a few years after Ezekiel wrote this prophecy. The video author states that he uses the 701BC date because it was a failed siege. He uses 70AD as the next event because that occurred 40 years after the crucifixion.
Jan 30, 2023 14:57:22 GMT -6
Michael2: I take issue with his theory that we should multiply these counts by 7. 1) He doesn't apply his method consistently, and 2) I'm not convinced the multiplication is justified.
Jan 30, 2023 15:01:06 GMT -6
Michael2: In the case of Israel, he uses 701BC as the termination point for 390 years of iniquity apparently at the start of Jeroboem's reign, though I don't think he became king as far back as 1091BC.
Jan 30, 2023 15:03:33 GMT -6
Michael2: He then adds 390*7=2730 years to that termination point in order to arrive at 2030AD.
Jan 30, 2023 15:04:10 GMT -6
Michael2: In the case of Judah, he use 70AD as the termination point of a 40-year span. He then takes 70 + 40*7*7 to arrive at 2030AD. Multiplying by 7 twice is because they didn't accept Jesus by 350AD (70 + 40*7).
Jan 30, 2023 15:06:42 GMT -6
Michael2: To be consistent with Israel's calculation, it seems to me he should calculate this as 70 + 40*7 + 40*7*7 = 2310AD . In other words, the 7-fold extensions shouldn't both begin at 70AD, but they should chain.
Jan 30, 2023 15:09:22 GMT -6
Michael2: But regardless of that, I don't see how a 7-fold extension is warranted at all for Israel. Israel was punished for their 390 years of iniquity, but nowhere in Ezekiel's prophecy were they told the punishment would be 2730 years of exile and unbelief.
Jan 30, 2023 15:11:38 GMT -6
Michael2: In the case of Judah, it is an interesting conjecture. I don't have a firm opinion on that, but time will tell.
Jan 30, 2023 15:13:13 GMT -6
yardstick: can you please post the video in the threads for discussion?
Jan 30, 2023 18:03:57 GMT -6
Dave: Michael2:The video author states that he uses the 701BC date because it was a failed siege. Ezekiel 4:"take an iron griddle, and place it as an iron wall between you and the city" The Sennacherib siege, (701), was doomed to fail. God put an iron wall there
Jan 31, 2023 5:06:17 GMT -6
Dave: I think he might be, or probably is, on to something. But we, the church, can't use it to make a calculation for a rapture or second coming date of some kind. Just another indicator that we are in the zone.
Jan 31, 2023 5:10:45 GMT -6
Dave: This shall be a SIGNJ
Jan 31, 2023 5:17:57 GMT -6
Dave: woops. This shall be a SIGN to the house of Israel. i.imgur.com/mLEmHGd.png And if they still won't repent, 7 more times.
Jan 31, 2023 5:19:27 GMT -6
Dave: yardstick: can you please post the video in the threads for discussion? I was. But had snowblower trouble. Now car trouble. I'm grounded. Waiting for garage to fix. No start. Fuel pump? Crank sensor? Cares of this life?
Jan 31, 2023 5:23:49 GMT -6
EnochWalked: www.jpost.com/breaking-news/article-730195 "US says Russia has violated nuclear arms treaty by blocking inspections" "Talks ... on resuming inspections under New START were due to take place in November in Egypt, but Russia postponed them"
Jan 31, 2023 15:05:53 GMT -6
Michael2: 701BC doesn’t fit because Ezekiel’s prophecy was given over 100 years later and because Israel’s sin didn’t start 390 years befor. In thinking about this for a few days, I suspect the video author is being deceptive.
Feb 1, 2023 0:27:53 GMT -6